You can read more about AKC tracking tests and the titles that can be earned here.
ORKC held its first Tracking Dog Test (TD) on Sunday, December 5, 2004. In 2021, the club made history when it became the first club to hold a VST test in Tennessee. We are very proud of this accomplishment and grateful for the dedication and sacrifice by the many volunteers who make it possible to hold these tests.
Oak Ridge Kennel Club strives to:
- Promote tracking training of our purebred dogs
- Disseminate knowledge regarding tracking training
- Conduct classes for the training of dogs and their handlers
- Hold and support tracking tests, exhibitions and matches under the rules and regulations of the American Kennel Club
- Promote cooperation and good sportsmanship among its members in the training and exhibition of dogs.
2022 Oak Ridge Kennel Club Tracking Test
Next Event: Sunday, October 16, 2022
3 VST tracks and 6 TDU tracks are offered. The judges are Ed Presnall and Deb Maheu from Albion, Michigan.
The test locations are Pellissippi State Community College, Knoxville; Roane State Community College, Harriman and Roane State Community College, Oak Ridge.
The closing date is October 6, 2022. There will be two (2) test worker tracks provided as described in Section 17d of the Tracking Regulations.
Be sure to check back for regular updates